What is Co-Op Advertising?
- A partnership created between a retailer and a manufacturer to promote brand-name products in the local marketplace
- Your co-op advertising dollar allowance is based on a percentage of your purchases from manufacturers
What are the benefits?
The manufacturer and retailer each pay for a portion of the CO-OP advertising, allowing both parties to expand their promotional advertising campaigns.
- Increases the frequency of advertising and exposure
- Creates more store/online traffic and sales
- Aligns local retailers with national manufacturers
Manufacturers and distributors can effectively promote on a regional and local level
- Manufacturer will reimburse for their portion, up to the co-op allowance earned by the retailer
What can the Los Angeles Times offer?
The Times will help find and place preapproved CO-OP accrual dollars in categories including:
- Automotive (including new, certified and pre-owned vehicles)
- Parts & service programs
- Home improvement
- Outdoor products
The Times will assist in CO-OP reimbursement:
- Proof of performance
- Media invoice
- Completed manufacturer claims form documentation
The Times will alert you to CO-OP promotions that will benefit your business, plus strengthen relationships with your manufacturer territory representatives.
If your company is celebrating a major event, such as a significant anniversary, grand opening or a special sale, The Times will create and produce a request packet to invite your vendors to support a special section focusing on your business — all customized to meet your specific needs.