Browse by Categories
Restaurant customers are very media-savvy these days; but the one form of communication that keeps them engaged is email marketing. According to ExactTarget, 91% of consumers use email at least once a day. And a McKinsey & Company study concluding that email is almost 40 times better at acquiring new customers than Facebook and Twitter. Your customers are checking their emails multiple times each day. Email is one of the most effective techniques to create brand awareness and increase foot traffic to your establishment.
Why email marketing?
- Email marketing can reach a wide audience in a short period of time and allows recipients to immediately act on messages.
- Email campaigns can be implemented and executed with only minimal investments.
- Email creates an interactive connection and nurtures quality customer relations.
- Email marketing is also measurable and shareable.
- Email campaigns can track your progress, monitor your success and make changes where needed.
How can restaurants build a smart and effective email campaign?
- Plan Ahead. Create an email calendar for the year and tie your emails in with seasonal events, such as Super Bowl, July 4th, and special summer offers, etc. This way, you can also tailor your message to fit seasonal changes in customer volume.￼￼￼￼￼
- Personalize your message. Personalized emails have proven to get more positive attention. Create customer segments based on their interests and past responses. Insert recipient’s name into the greetings.
- Provide incentives. Reward your email subscribers with solid deals. A discount that is just like 50 other regular deals is only going to give your customers a reason to delay their visit. Instead, consider offering unique deals or limited-time specials: anniversary specials, birthday specials that will give consumer a sense of urgency.
- Give them a reason. Coupons might be helpful, but it is your unique selling points that will bring the customers back again and again. Keep your recipients interested and give them a reason why they should stop by your establishment. This could be seasonal dishes or your chef’s specialty, or unique sitting options or environments that your competitors don’t have.
Connect with millions of diners in Southern California Creating an email campaign can be time consuming. Finding the right leads or email database is another challenge. The LA Times' Times PLUS Targeted Email Blasts takes most of the work out of email marketing for your restaurant. Market to 50 thousand email users who are looking for restaurants just like yours and narrow the database by demographics, geography, social type such as lunch crowd or families.